I'm having a little procedure done tomorrow that is going to put me out of work for a week or so. I'm in the process of preparing the couch area for recovery with medications, remotes, heating pads, and of course, books. I think I definitely over-prepared the last category, but at least I will have a variety to read!
1. The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan-- This is a popular kids series and I'm interested in it because it incorporates the internet as well.
2. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery-- I somehow escaped childhood without reading this, so it's about time, I suppose!
3. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton-- I was recommended this book by multiple people, so I'm looking forward to this read!
4. Salt by Maurice Gee-- This is a teen novel by a New Zealander. I saw it reviewed on a webinar, and it sounded interesting.
5. The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens-- My current classic read in preparation for Dan Simmons' Drood
6. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers-- Non-literary Christian fiction is not my bag, but my fellow librarians and I are doing a genre study book club to better serve our patrons. This month's genre is "inspirational." Thus far, I am shocked by the content, but it's shocking enough to keep me far more interested than last month's "thriller" study.
7. Chicks Dig Time Lords-- This is a fun book of essays on my favorite science fiction series. A co-worker (and fellow fan) lent it to me for recovery.
8. All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot-- A co-worker of mine loves these nonfiction books about a small village vet in England. I am enjoying watching the series via streaming, so I'm looking forward to this book/
9. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir-- Great nonfiction about an interesting period in British history
10. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel-- Also about the Tudors (specifically Thomas Cromwell), this book won the 2009 Booker prize.
I'm curious to see how much I get through... should be interesting!
1 comment:
Good Luck! I'll be thinking about you. You have some EXCELLENT reading choices.
Post a Comment