Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hello Blog!


I have neglected you once again!  Today is EXTRA special because I'm posting twice!  This is a rare occasion indeed.  I have another random Wednesday off and thank goodness because I have managed to mess up my back over the past few days.  So, what's been happening in Colorful Colorado?

-The in-laws visited a few days back.  We took a trip down to Colorado Springs to visit this and this.  The dogs were an absolute hit at the first stop.  People went nuts over their coloring and the fact that they have long hair, which longhaired dachshunds are common, but people just don't realize that they're dachshunds.  They had a blast getting all of the attention and they enjoyed climbing rocks.  Here is a picture... they were exhausted.

The cog rail was awesome, although the seating was uncomfortable and is the likely reason for me sitting on the couch with a painful lower back now.  The scenery was beautiful though and the summit was breathtaking.  I found out that one of my friends worked up there in the shop when she was in high school... they make great high-altitude doughnuts!

-Our dear friends here in FoCo gave birth on the 3rd.  The father went to high school with us and is a medical animator, like Jon.  They gave birth to a precious little boy and he is the first newborn I have ever held.  He has give me reason to practice my stitching lately, which is a hobby that I have come to really enjoy.  So I have created several images on a set of terry cloth bibs.  Cats, drum sets (his dad is a drummer), sea life, rockets, etc.  So much fun!  We're so happy for our friends.

-My parents will be out for a visit next weekend.  I'm so looking forward to this because the dogs love both sets of grandparents and their visit coincides with this... something my mom and I have anticipated for quite a while.

-Jon and I have started one of those "couch to 5K" programs.  Since moving to Colorado, I have done the same amount of exercise, but have eaten more.  I feel awful.  My heart rate feels so fast, so my main goal is to reduce my heart rate. Running here has proven a bit more difficult.  Not only am I out of shape, but the altitude kicks my butt.  We're gradually working our way to a healthy running regiment (we're only on week 2 now which has us walking a lot) and I'm looking forward to feeling like I'm not going to have a heart attack every day.

So that's it for my update.  I'll be back hopefully sooner rather than later!

3 comments:

Amanda Roper said...

whoohoo! Harry Potter and stitching. Awesomeness...

Camille said...

I did the cog railroad a few summers ago - I thought it was scary! But once you get to the top it's really pretty.

Unknown said...

awww, it's so nice to see my niece and nephew! I want to see Sue and Tony too.......!!!