Good Reads
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-- I'm on my quest to reread the series before HBP comes out in theaters this summer. This is also the first time I've reread the all of the books since she completed the series. It is just as wonderful as I remembered and I'm looking forward to one day planting my butt on the couch and having a 5 movie marathon.
- Brideshead Revisited-- I'm about halfway through this British classic and I'm in love. Not only do I appreciate the book itself, but am intrigued by the characters and all the mention of Catholicism. I might post a full review when I'm finished.
- Various other reads-- I'm also chugging my way through the teen Alice series, which is like crack, and I want to see how things turn out. Also on my shelf are various nutrition books, books on fertility (long story but it has multiple purposes), books on canning and preserving, and books cake decorating.
- Upcoming goodness-- I think my next classic will be Forster's Howard's End. I also need to read one of two Agatha Christie novels for the year, so I'm going to go in the order she wrote them and read The Secret Adversary. I would also like to try the Western genre to expand my horizons and Lonesome Dove came highly recommended. We'll see.
Good Times
- Jon turns 28 this coming Monday. I'm looking forward to making him a Wall-E cake and just having a nice quiet, peaceful birthday celebration with family.
- My parents are going to visit the second week of April. I'm going to work my butt off the end of this month so I don't have to take much official vacation time. It looks like I'll have three days to (finally) explore Colorado with them. I don't mind playing tourist in the least! Celesti@l Se@sonings factory here we come!
- Wii Fit! We've had it since February, but are waiting to actually open it in April. Talk about discipline! I love our Wii and am looking forward to exercising when I want (I have a knack for wanting to take a walk when the weather is crappy.)
- I'm enjoying a day off today. I worked another marathon recently, and have enough hours to take today and Friday off to stay even with my hours. I'm off to make bread.
1 comment:
Yay for bread and Waughhhhhhh and Howard's End! Your letter is underway!
Post a Comment