Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mission 101 August Update

Confused?

Accomplished:
31. Host some form of a get-together once per quarter.
Had friends over for Labor Day
36. Watch the original Star Wars trilogy.
Now seeing the prequels (not as good)

43. Do not commute to any job more than 30 minutes, unless our financial independence relies on it. School would be an exception.
Just barely accomplished this one
61. Dog-proof the house.
72. Have at least a part time job by October, whether it be as a librarian or something else.
Currently a work-a-holic
79. Attend church more often.
99. Find a good and safe place to board the dog(s) when traveling.
Right now, they're set to go to the breeder when we get married.


In Progress:

10. Continue to pay bills in full and on time.
11. Continue to stay credit card debt free (neither Jon nor I have ever been in cc debt) and continue to only use cards for what we can afford.
16. Continue to contribute any small amount to the high interest travel fund.
17. Stay insured for health and dental even if unemployed.
18. Do not impulse buy books because they'll likely be donated within the year anyways.
24. Practice new cooking recipes to become a decent cook and not focus so much on baking.
25. Get used to high altitude baking.
29. Get a dog and successfully train and socialize it. (TWO!!!)
33. Watch all Doctor Who DVDs available on Netflix.
52. Eat red meat at the most twice per week, preferably less.
56. Never leave dishes unwashed.
84. Read 100 classic novels that I have not previously read. (2)

Failure:
45. Eliminate coffee to very special occasions and drink only tea for caffeine needs.
I drink coffee a lot more now than I did in Georgia. It only has skim milk added though, so I don't worry too much
46. Drink only one soda per week.
Yeah, we have some nice root beer in the house...

2 comments:

Samantha said...

What Dr. Who did you watch, and what did you think?

TronG said...

William Hartnell.. the first one. Some of his are pretty good, but some are really weird! I'm slowly working my way through them all...