
Well, in my 101 goals for 1,001 days, I promised myself that I would complete 100 classic novels. The 2008 Classics Challenge hosted by Trish is a good place to start. Plus, I finally have reason to dive into my never ending TBR classics pile. The challenge runs from July to December 2008.
I'm going to complete option 1 and read 5 classics. I will also complete the bonus read (actually I will read that book first, since it is on loan from the library and I'm moving to Colorado on July 18th) of a book not necessarily considered a classic, but should be, or will be someday.
Anyways, here's my list:
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë-- Yes, I've never read this before. I loved Charlotte's Jane Eyre, and expect Emily's tale to leave me just as enthralled.
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens-- I'm convinced that I need to read one Dickens novel per year and have heard great things about this one.
3. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh-- I am eagerly anticipating this book.
4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley-- Another classic I haven't gotten around to yet... likely to be completed for Carl's R.I.P. Challenge as well.
5. The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe-- Gothic 18th century goodness and will likely also be completed for Carl's R.I.P. Challenge.
Bonus: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood-- I loved The Robber Bride, so I expect to enjoy this one as well.
Thanks Trish for hosting the challenge!
I'm going to complete option 1 and read 5 classics. I will also complete the bonus read (actually I will read that book first, since it is on loan from the library and I'm moving to Colorado on July 18th) of a book not necessarily considered a classic, but should be, or will be someday.
Anyways, here's my list:
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë-- Yes, I've never read this before. I loved Charlotte's Jane Eyre, and expect Emily's tale to leave me just as enthralled.
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens-- I'm convinced that I need to read one Dickens novel per year and have heard great things about this one.
3. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh-- I am eagerly anticipating this book.
4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley-- Another classic I haven't gotten around to yet... likely to be completed for Carl's R.I.P. Challenge as well.
5. The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe-- Gothic 18th century goodness and will likely also be completed for Carl's R.I.P. Challenge.
Bonus: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood-- I loved The Robber Bride, so I expect to enjoy this one as well.
Thanks Trish for hosting the challenge!
1 comment:
If you loved The Robber Bride, I think you'll really like The Handmaid's Tale--both very different books, but Atwood is wonderful. Wuthering Heights is my favorite :)
Thanks for joining! I look forward to your thoughts on these books.
Post a Comment