-I finally saw the Prince Caspian movie. I enjoyed it and will definitely make the purchase when it comes out on DVD. I'm pretty sad that they messed up my favorite part of the book (where Lucy meets Aslan in the forest) and I'm not too sure about the whole Susan and Caspian thing. I understand that they're trying to draw in a larger audience, but I'm a stickler for movies following closely the book (which I know never happens) and the love thing just seemed unnecessary, especially since Susan never goes back to Narnia, not even in The Last Battle with the rest of the kids. Thanksfully, this is my least favorite book in the series, so I don't care too much that they messed with the book. My favorite, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, will be filmed next and they better not screw it up! Jon grudgingly put up with my mumbling the entire time, although he did claim that he's never going to watch another book adaptation with me again.
-I finally have a set moving date in the middle of July. I'm excited about the move, but not excited about unemployment. A break will be nice, because I can catch up on some reading, baking, and work through the 200 something DVDs in my Netflix queue. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my career though and I don't care to elaborate at this time, but I've made some interesting revelations.
-Jon and I are getting a puppy!!! We found out that Rosie is pregnant and is due sometime next month. The breeder will keep the puppies for a while (rightly so) but we should be parents by late August/early September. This motherhood thing should prove to be very interesting.
-I'm currently reading my first Anya Seton, via a recommendation from my co-worker Melissa, who is very well read and has excellent taste. Seton wrote from the 40s through the 70s and her stuff is surprisingly well researched and nice to read. I'm reading Avalon, which takes place during King Edgar of England's reign (10th century) and beyond. I will also read another of her books to split up my The Mists of Avalon re-read.
-I finally have a set moving date in the middle of July. I'm excited about the move, but not excited about unemployment. A break will be nice, because I can catch up on some reading, baking, and work through the 200 something DVDs in my Netflix queue. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my career though and I don't care to elaborate at this time, but I've made some interesting revelations.
-Jon and I are getting a puppy!!! We found out that Rosie is pregnant and is due sometime next month. The breeder will keep the puppies for a while (rightly so) but we should be parents by late August/early September. This motherhood thing should prove to be very interesting.
-I'm currently reading my first Anya Seton, via a recommendation from my co-worker Melissa, who is very well read and has excellent taste. Seton wrote from the 40s through the 70s and her stuff is surprisingly well researched and nice to read. I'm reading Avalon, which takes place during King Edgar of England's reign (10th century) and beyond. I will also read another of her books to split up my The Mists of Avalon re-read.
No comments:
Post a Comment