Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tempest of BLAH

It's been a crazy month. We're still missing CJ a lot. We've grown accustomed to not hearing his feet pattering around on the wood floors, but it doesn't make things any easier. Last week, I received my first Colorado job rejection, which was kind of difficult at first, but not so bad in the long run, especially considering that there are likely more to come (and hopefully a job offer too.)

My parents came out with me to Colorado on the 5th to visit Jon to help out with the new house. On the second night of the visit, my dad had to be rushed to the hospital with type I diabetes complications. It was looking much worse than that initially and it was absolutely heartbreaking, especially for my mom. It's one thing to have to think about losing a parent, but something else to potentially lose a spouse. Luckily Fort Collins has an excellent top 100 hospital and my mom's insurance really stepped up, so after six days spent there examining one complication after another from broken bones caused by a seizure to artery blockages, he was released. He was still too fragile to fly so we spent a couple of days at our house to have him recuperate a bit before the flight back to Atlanta. It's going to be a while before he's 100%, but we're THRILLED that he is doing alright now after everything that happened.

It definitely hasn't been the best of winters/springs so far, but I am more than content to be spending these last few months in Georgia hanging out with my parents. I'm also very lucky to have Jon in my life because he totally stepped up this trip and made things better for my parents and I. When did I get so smart in choosing men? Thanks also go to the people who I have told about all of this (work and friends.) I'm convinced that the prayers and/or thoughts have helped us all though this.

Some good things that have happened this month?

-I turned 26.
-Jon and I have been engaged for six months (with six months to go until the wedding)
-The dog that we're looking at to mother our puppy has gone into heat (crosses fingers that she will get pregnant.) We can't stop talking about getting a dog.

Anyways, I'm behind on my Once Upon a Time reviews for obvious reasons. Expect more bookish posts over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Camille said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better - that is so scary!

Mary said...

Congratulations on your engagement! Good luck on finding a job, some employer out West will fall in love with you soon enough :)

-Mary Snyder (from IU)

Andrew said...

So sorry to hear about your dad -- but glad to hear he's on the mend. Also I hear your pain on the rejection front. But we keep plugging along.

Unknown said...

Reading that was like reading one of our many e-mails to each other! Yea for Dad feeling better. I was so worried for a few days!