I'm hanging in there. I called in sick today for the first time since I've worked at Brenau (I've left work early, but have never called in.) I got a sore throat Monday while I was still in Colorado, which resulted in a feverish yucky night (I will spare you all details) that tested my husband-to-be on his nurturing skills. Luckily he scored well. Somehow I managed to get on a plane on Tuesday, which I guess a lot of people do as the plane is likely where I acquired the sickness, and did not have to sit next to anybody. I haven't had a fever since Monday, but I've been dealing with knives in my throat and stomach aches ever since. I rarely get sick like this, so it's almost amusing to watch how much of a baby I am when dealing with everything.
Today was spent watching the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice which was nice considering that I also finished the book today. I loved it this time much more than my first reading 9 years ago. I also made Jon watch the 2005 Hollywood version this weekend (yes, I am one of the only ones who actually likes that version.) I was supposed to start The Kite Runner today, but I just couldn't bring myself to read beyond the first page, and moved on to Philip Pullman's Sally Lockhart series. I am really excited for the trilogy because Billie Piper plays the lead in the movie/tv (I can't remember) adaptations that have been completed so far. I think I'll return to Hosseini over the summer when it's warm outside and I can be less depressed. Plus, there are too many good classics and YA books to read right now.
In other news, Jon and I discovered via his/our friends Josh and Gretchen a yummy martini* bar right across from what is my current favorite restaurant in Fort Collins. The restaurant serves the best sushi I've tasted thus far and you can't even taste the alcohol in the martinis across the street. We tried a key lime pie and a cream sickle (I am strangely reminded of another cream sickle now that I think about it) that tasted just like their namesakes. These two places are located minutes from an awesome bath shop loaded with many different kinds of fancy bubble bath (one of my weaknesses) in downtown Fort Collins. These places are going to suck my wallet dry if I'm not careful. Can I express how much I can't wait to live in a college town again?
Today was spent watching the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice which was nice considering that I also finished the book today. I loved it this time much more than my first reading 9 years ago. I also made Jon watch the 2005 Hollywood version this weekend (yes, I am one of the only ones who actually likes that version.) I was supposed to start The Kite Runner today, but I just couldn't bring myself to read beyond the first page, and moved on to Philip Pullman's Sally Lockhart series. I am really excited for the trilogy because Billie Piper plays the lead in the movie/tv (I can't remember) adaptations that have been completed so far. I think I'll return to Hosseini over the summer when it's warm outside and I can be less depressed. Plus, there are too many good classics and YA books to read right now.
In other news, Jon and I discovered via his/our friends Josh and Gretchen a yummy martini* bar right across from what is my current favorite restaurant in Fort Collins. The restaurant serves the best sushi I've tasted thus far and you can't even taste the alcohol in the martinis across the street. We tried a key lime pie and a cream sickle (I am strangely reminded of another cream sickle now that I think about it) that tasted just like their namesakes. These two places are located minutes from an awesome bath shop loaded with many different kinds of fancy bubble bath (one of my weaknesses) in downtown Fort Collins. These places are going to suck my wallet dry if I'm not careful. Can I express how much I can't wait to live in a college town again?
*by martini I mean some flavored liqueur with cream and other bad-for-you, but oh-so-great tasting additives
1 comment:
We liked the 2005 Pride and Prejudice too.
Post a Comment