Thursday, November 15, 2007

"It was November"

-First line of The Thirteenth Tale

I'm about to head off to Colorado once again. Luckily this visit is for 10 days, which will be nice considering the fact that I can get to know my future hometown. Jon and I have a ton of plans for the house (he's officially moved in), all of which involve cash money, so I'm going to continue to be broke for the next few months... no wait for the next few years.

This will be the first year that I'm not spending Thanksgiving with somebody of my own flesh and blood. I will be spending it with the future in-laws, but it's going to be weird not having somebody who's related to me be there. I'm not the biggest fan of Thanksgiving. Mainly because November hasn't always been the luckiest month for both my friends and me, including this year. Plus, I love Christmas with a passion and I'm usually ready to skip the turkey and go straight for the Christmas tree. I'm one of those crazies who has already decorated her space and I have a feeling the hubby-to-be and I are going to have some future arguments over my admittedly out of control Christmas fetish.

I don't have much to report otherwise. Well, things have been going on, but it's definitely nothing that I am going to post. Regardless, it's been a rough month, more for my family and friends than myself, but rough nonetheless.

I'm currently reading Rebecca. I absolutely love it. This book was on one of my high school summer reading lists (tenth grade.) We were able to choose which book we wanted to read, and I think I chose some Michael Crichton novel, which now a days I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (Yes, I realize that this is snobby, so I apologize.) Rebecca is beautifully written and that Mrs. Danvers broad gives me the creeps! I've heard good things about the Alfred Hitchcock movie, even though it veers a bit from the book (apparently they weren't allowed to film a scene where a person gets away with murder.) I think my mom and I will have to check it out via Netflix at some point.

Next up is Gossamer by Lois Lowry, then The Moonstone, my second Wilkie Collins novel. YAY!

Alrighty, there's your November update. Hopefully, I'll be back to some more regular blogging soon!

No comments: