Sunday, October 21, 2007

Moving Right Along...

It's interesting how you're going through the motions of life when all of the sudden something comes along to completely change your routine. My life has definitely been altered for a week now.

I no longer have a boyfriend.

But I'm not single either.

No, this isn't every relationship I've ever experienced in college and graduate school, I'm actually engaged to be married.

Let me tell you how much of a surprise this was to me a week ago today when Jon proposed. We both knew that the other was the "one" and such, but he had me thinking that something like this wouldn't happen for months. I'm not going to get into how he proposed or post pictures of my (beautiful) ring, because it's private and I'll be more than willing to tell you a. if I actually know you and/or b. in person.

So, next August I should be packing up my stuff and heading out to Ft. Collins, Colorado to LIVE, not visit. I'm very excited to relocate to such a cool place with all the nature-ish stuff and proximity to other cool states with more nature-ish stuff. I'm going to be sad to leave my job, because I get along well with most people and my boss is super nice. I'm also sad to leave my family and Georgia friends, but there's always holidays, and there will be a sweet guest room (eventually) waiting for any visitors.

The wedding should be sometime next fall. It will not be in Georgia because neither of us want a large wedding, but there will be a reception type event in Georgia at some point so the hoards of parental friends can come and visit.

I'm sort of scared of wedding planning. I'm not too excited about beginning the job search again. But I am very happy about moving to Colorado and starting my life with my hubby-to-be. :)

I'll have to remember that last sentence as I spend the next few months stressing over jobs, dresses, flowers, and cake.

Although, I'm pretty cool about the cake part. Bring on the cake!

5 comments:

Moose-Tipping said...

Wow-- congrats!

Brett said...

That is great news. Congratulations!

Samantha said...

EEEEEEEEEEE

That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations. I'm so excited for you. :D

Andrew said...

Big congrats, my friend!

Let me take this opportunity to encourage you to consider eloping. You won't be scared of wedding planning when there's no wedding to plan! Think about it! :)

Unknown said...

That was cute