Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random Thoughts, by Traci Peter (or Peber, depending on what you think my last name is)

1. Negative thoughts currently running through my head

-I don't like passive-aggressive people... not at all
-You don't have to be a psycho female dog to be a bridezilla
-The main lobby in the 'brary smells like yuckiness since the carpet was cleaned earlier in the day

2. Positive thoughts currently running through my head

-Talking obsessively about Harry Potter with others helps me cope with the book anxiety
-His Dark Materials series shall be arriving on my doorstep in a few days
-Only 6 more work days until I'm on vacation, and spend time with my beau

3. Questions in which I am currently pondering

-What do I want for dinner tonight?
-Where do I begin to write a collection development policy?
-Does my mom want to go with me to Target on Friday?

4. Things I wish I could do right now

-Amanda's dirty dolphin impression
-Travel to New Zealand, my new obsession
-Know the secret to creating a half giant

5. Present irritants

-Politics (and not just federal)
-YA Chick Lit.
-Dolores Umbridge

6. Present delights

-Rufus the pink elephant
-Being productive (I'm just taking a small break to write in here)
-Writing with a brand new pen

7. Things I hoped to have accomplished with this post

-Create somewhat of rant, without getting into details
-Show that my mind is a bit cluttered
-Stay in touch with the beloved internet

1 comment:

Amanda Roper said...

AWESOME!!!!

I thought the library smelled like fishy vagina, but I was afraid to say something and humilate some poor co-worker with "down there" problems.

I'll do my dolphin impression again tomorrow

And your collection development policy should say "of course, always buy books Amanda requests as she is the Goddess of Books and you don't want to piss her off"