Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's that time...

I'm back from vacation. I'd say that I'm well rested and relaxed, but let's face it... it wasn't that kind of vacation. I did, however, see a ton of the southwest and am forever grateful for the beauty of places like the Grand Canyon and such. I also got some good family time in and proved about 95% successful as a travel agent.



Mesa Verde National Park, Spruce Tree House




Jon and I at Four Corners




Grand Canyon, North Rim (highly recommended)




KICK ASS Dinosaurs on historical Route 66




Petrified Forest National Park



I'm putting Dickens on hold for the moment in order to pursue what I anticipate to be the highlight of my summer... yes, the final installment in the Harry Potter series. I'm going to reread all 6 books (something I do twice a year anyways) with the hopes of finishing the 6th book just in time for the 7th. I think it will be the ultimate moment of both happiness for finally knowing the ending and sadness of having it all end. The younger folks at work are so excited that even the UPS guy is preparing himself for the book arrival. The fifth movie (the 5th book is my current favorite) is also coming out July 11th, so my mom and I will be making our traditional trip to the theaters. I hope all of you book nuts will enjoy it just as much as I.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Several items:

1) Awww, your boy is cute. You two look happy!

2) I'm so jealous about Four Corners. Being a life-long geography nerd, that looks like the coolest spot to sit ever.

3) I finished the sixth HP book about a month ago now. I think I read them too soon. Gah, July cannot come soon enough!

Unknown said...

Neato!