Friday, May 18, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

I have answered Amanda's challenge to complete the "8 Things" meme.

The rules -1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I have broken my right arm on two occasions. The first was as a toddler when I got pissed at my mom for putting me down for a nap, so I threw myself out of the crib. The second was in the third grade when at my neighbor's outdoor play set, I decided to cross the monkey bars with gloves on. Neither were very good ideas and I definitely paid for it!

2. I have a major fear of social dancing. I feel like there should be steps for me to learn. It's not fun, I feel like the world is looking at me attempting to dance, and I hate it when men I don't know try to come up and dance behind me. This is why I don't go out dancing, or to crowded bars, mainly because I'm not comfortable with people I don't know.

3. I knew that I wanted to be a librarian after the first semester of my second year of college. Journalism wasn't doing it for me and I needed a career where I could help find information for people without skewing people's views.

4. I question a lot about Catholicism. There are so many things that I don't agree with, the main item being the use of birth control. I just don't think that a group of old men should determine a woman's right to well, anything. I can't leave though. I go to church every Sunday and remain in awe of the mysteries and feel like I can see beyond the preachy part of Christianity straight to it's roots. I can't leave simply for that reason.

5. I have never been more insecure with my life than I was with color guard. I thrived on thinking that I was terrible for nine years. I wanted more than anything the approval of my instructors (especially in drum corps and winterguard) and to know that I was doing well, despite not having much talent. As a teacher, I miserably failed multiple times. I stayed in it about two years too long. Once I discovered my self-destructive tendencies and insecurities only seemed to lie in color guard, I quit. I don't regret quitting, but I do regret the fact that only a handful of people ever got to know the real me. I will never take something like that so seriously again.

6. I always have to do everything on the right first... from applying eye shadow to the right eye, to putting on the right shoe first, to sleeping on the right side of the bed. Somehow things will go wrong if I start on the left.

7. One of my biggest fears of getting old (like elderly old) is losing my mind or losing a functional body. I would hate to not be able to walk or remember the names of my own family.

8. My heritage is as follows: German, Czech (the main players), Irish, English, Cherokee Indian

Okay, so I tag the following (it will not be 8):
-Brett
-skwinkle
-Andrew
-Samantha
-anybody else who wants to!

1 comment:

Amanda Roper said...

I could show you a few moves. I find in clubs if you just randomly hump things people tend to think you are dancing. :O