Thursday, March 29, 2007

Mr. Sandman

Yes?

I've been off in La La Dream land for the past week or so. I can't seem to stay grounded. All I want to do is daydream or sleep to dream (I had a dream that I went to Italy last night--who could beat that), and it's kind of getting on my nerves. I have motivation, I like what I do (in and outside of work), but I can't seem to focus! Maybe it's the 80 degree weather (that is finally going down). Maybe it's the ridiculously high pollen count (the most in years) that we're having here in Georgia. Spring fever is a bitch.

Lately I've been reading and hanging out with friends. I just finished Eragon. I thought I wasn't into dragon fantasy, but I guess I am because I really liked it (am now reading Eldest). The movie that I saw in December definitely pales in comparison, although John Malkovich as Galbatorix has been the brunt of many jokes this week. I still don't understand why they got "ssssssuper" John Malkovich to play this amazingly evil character that has yet to have a speaking role in the books. He is perhaps one of the most confusing actors I have seen in my life.

Two of my aunts and my cousin are flying in today. They should be here until early Sunday morning. I won't get to spend much time with them as I work late tonight and all day tomorrow, but it will be nice seeing them again.

Sunday, my friends Adrian and Paige are throwing me a "surprise" birthday party (well, like 4 people, two of them being my parents, will be there, which is fine with me). I'm excited because I haven't had a birthday party since the beginning of college. I turn the good ol' quarter of a century on Monday, which is somewhat frightening, and somewhat exciting. The further away in age that I get from my college years (and grad. school), the better.

Alright, back to work I suppose...

No comments: