Hello readers (I really hate the word blogosphere, or well, blog in general).
I hope everybody is surviving winter, from my friends in snowy Colorado and New Hampshire, to my friends in sunny Florida and Southern California.
Georgia has been quite agreeable. If we do ever get anything bad, it's usually an ice storm. Luckily the ice has avoided the area thus far, making me very happy. Humidity mixed in with cold temperatures, however, are not pleasant. People think that Indiana is humid, when I'd take 20 degree weather in Indiana over 40 degree weather in Georgia any day. Alright, enough about the weather.
I'm invading the mid west (it's been almost 7 months) this weekend. I know I talk/write about it wayyy too much, but I love the annual Chicago trip and hanging out with my aunts and cousin. My mom is joining us this year, so that should be a nice addition. I have to keep telling myself that I have way too many things to save for, and to NOT buy shoes and clothes. Only chocolate.
The weekend of the 10th, I'm going to Colorado to visit Jon. I haven't been to Colorado in 2 and 1/2 years, and never during the winter, so I am super excited (in addition to seeing Jon of course). I should be out there monthly from now on, and I'm looking forward to exploring the amazing nature (no mountain lions please) out there. I was so skeptical about the whole long distance thing because I've had really horrible experiences with guys in the past. Luckily, Jon lives somewhere really cool (not to mention that Jon is just a great guy in general), so I am enjoying the long distance much more than originally thought. Please don't snow!
My grandparents are coming to visit the weekend after that, mainly to see their great grandson, but to also see us. I love my grandparents, but it's difficult to watch them age. My grandmother just experienced some crazy eye surgery. She's lucky that she can still see. My grandfather got a case of gout a few years ago, and it's affecting his movement. Despite all of this, they are still very healthy (my grandmother is 81 and my grandfather turns 80 this year). I'm more worried about their minds (my grandmother has her master's in Education and my grandfather has his doctorate in biology) and dementia and such (particularly with my grandmother). That is far more heartbreaking than watching them physically degrade.
All of this is occurring in my least favorite month, February. I thought that I was going to beat February's ass last year, but it definitely took me down with vengeance mid-month. This year, I'm going to try to go with the flow and try not to remember that my only deceased grandparent died during this month, that any sort of break up, spat, whatever with a guy happened during this month, that multiple friends had different personal break-downs during this month, that it's so freaking cold and dreary during this month, etc. I hope to gain some sort of positive feeling towards February this year, not only for myself, but for others as well.
I've been reading a string of teen-y novels (besides the fact that I really like YA lit., we just moved our teen books out of the children's collection into a collection of it's own, so I've been doing "research") lately, only to start my classics promise when I finish the last traveling pants novel on which I am currently reading. More on that later.
It might be a while before I update again (maybe not), so everybody have a safe, and hopefully joyous start to February!
I hope everybody is surviving winter, from my friends in snowy Colorado and New Hampshire, to my friends in sunny Florida and Southern California.
Georgia has been quite agreeable. If we do ever get anything bad, it's usually an ice storm. Luckily the ice has avoided the area thus far, making me very happy. Humidity mixed in with cold temperatures, however, are not pleasant. People think that Indiana is humid, when I'd take 20 degree weather in Indiana over 40 degree weather in Georgia any day. Alright, enough about the weather.
I'm invading the mid west (it's been almost 7 months) this weekend. I know I talk/write about it wayyy too much, but I love the annual Chicago trip and hanging out with my aunts and cousin. My mom is joining us this year, so that should be a nice addition. I have to keep telling myself that I have way too many things to save for, and to NOT buy shoes and clothes. Only chocolate.
The weekend of the 10th, I'm going to Colorado to visit Jon. I haven't been to Colorado in 2 and 1/2 years, and never during the winter, so I am super excited (in addition to seeing Jon of course). I should be out there monthly from now on, and I'm looking forward to exploring the amazing nature (no mountain lions please) out there. I was so skeptical about the whole long distance thing because I've had really horrible experiences with guys in the past. Luckily, Jon lives somewhere really cool (not to mention that Jon is just a great guy in general), so I am enjoying the long distance much more than originally thought. Please don't snow!
My grandparents are coming to visit the weekend after that, mainly to see their great grandson, but to also see us. I love my grandparents, but it's difficult to watch them age. My grandmother just experienced some crazy eye surgery. She's lucky that she can still see. My grandfather got a case of gout a few years ago, and it's affecting his movement. Despite all of this, they are still very healthy (my grandmother is 81 and my grandfather turns 80 this year). I'm more worried about their minds (my grandmother has her master's in Education and my grandfather has his doctorate in biology) and dementia and such (particularly with my grandmother). That is far more heartbreaking than watching them physically degrade.
All of this is occurring in my least favorite month, February. I thought that I was going to beat February's ass last year, but it definitely took me down with vengeance mid-month. This year, I'm going to try to go with the flow and try not to remember that my only deceased grandparent died during this month, that any sort of break up, spat, whatever with a guy happened during this month, that multiple friends had different personal break-downs during this month, that it's so freaking cold and dreary during this month, etc. I hope to gain some sort of positive feeling towards February this year, not only for myself, but for others as well.
I've been reading a string of teen-y novels (besides the fact that I really like YA lit., we just moved our teen books out of the children's collection into a collection of it's own, so I've been doing "research") lately, only to start my classics promise when I finish the last traveling pants novel on which I am currently reading. More on that later.
It might be a while before I update again (maybe not), so everybody have a safe, and hopefully joyous start to February!
No comments:
Post a Comment