So I found out that I start my job on Tuesday the 15th. I was pretty excited about it because I knew that I would have an entire week off to relax by myself (well, with my dog) and become mentally prepared for what's to come. I'm finally tan now after a week in South Carolina, and will work to progress that as well this week.
My ranking is apparently faculty, assistant professor, so my first day will basically be this huge meeting for all faculty and staff with different breakout sessions and orientations ranging from 8:30am to 5:30pm. I also have a new faculty orientation that Friday, with pictures and the like. I also have to order regalia for convocation and graduation ceremonies, get my transcripts from UGA and IU, and do a ton of other stuff before next Tuesday. It will all work out though.
Don't worry though...you definitely won't be reading about my new job all the time (it must get boring if you have no clue what I am talking about), because somebody could or has already found this blog, and writing about my day to day activities is potentially dangerous. Just know that I am super excited and honored.
I finally got my degree from IU. Yay.
My mother's birthday is this week. I am making her a super nice cheesecake (that is going to take me forever) for the celebration tonight. She'll be 54. The cabinetry was installed for the built-ins yesterday (kitchen, family room, parents' bathroom). It looks great and I can't wait to see the new LCD tv when it is installed. The house is totally coming along though and it will be even more amazing after the week of the 14th when all of the new kitchen appliances, countertops, and backsplashes are installed. It definitely feels like a home now.
More later I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment