Sunday, January 22, 2006

Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.

-George Jackson

Very true...either give up or be agressive

This past week was excellent. Besides the fact that the week only lasted three days, things were just wonderful overall. I finally found a client for my Web design class. Dr. Rosenbaum sent out an e-mail about this SLIS grad who has 8 libraries in Wyoming in need of new Web sites. Since Wyoming is my favorite state, I had to take up that opportunity. I'm totally excited about it. It's kind of sparked my interest in travel again. I hope I get to travel a bit this summer. I'm making a list of all of these national parks (like this and this) that I have to see...and there are blueberries and lobster to eat in Maine. Anyways...

My grandmother turns 80 this week. My grandparents visited my parents last weekend. My brother, who is quite the wise guy, decided to put a grand total of 80 candles on her cake, as observed in the following picture:


This leads me into my next topic...I have only one free weekend in February. Normally I am not the biggest fan of February. The past two years have been horrible in the frigid month (well last year was just horrible in general), and I've just gained a sort of pessimistic attitude for February. Well this year, I'm going to Chicago for shopping with my aunts and cousin (possibly one of the best traditions ever) on the 4th. John is probably coming up on the 10th (and he has proven that he actually comes to see me when he says he will)...with a possible three hour road trip to Waffle House-the rea one (the things we do for Waffle House). The trip will depend on whether or not Erik visits Susan though. I go to Quincy, the town where I completed my internship this summer on the 24th. My grandmother won some merit award for the town, so a good portion of the family (including my parents!) is travelling for the ceremony. So I have a lot to look forward to and keep me occupied during an otherwise nasty and yucky month.

One sad piece of news did reach me this week. Apparantly, the business is getting rid of Vanilla Coke. I only allow myself one coke (coke meaning soda in general for the mid-western readers out there) per week, but I love that stuff. Oh well, can't win them all.

I am sending off the first resume of the job-hunting season this week, so wish me luck.



2 comments:

Brett said...

I am looking for an outlet through which to express my displeasure about the Vanilla Coke decision. I guess this is it. Fart (an expression, not a command).

Andrew said...

You don't have to drive 3 hours to get to Waffle House. There is a Waffle & Steak in Indianapolis ony 45 minutes away. Just drive up 37 to Indy and it'll be on the left just before you hit the interstate.

They call them Waffle & Steak here because I think there is a company called Waffle House of Indiana that had the name first.